Sunday, May 17, 2009

Colas for the Cosmos 2009

Besides having an addiction to astronomy, I also have an addiction to Diet Coke (both with caffeine, and without). Since I drink a lot of Diet Coke I tend to accumulate a lot of Coke Rewards points, so I've decided to use all those points to help kids who have an interest in astronomy by giving them telescopes or binoculars that I get in exchange for my rewards points. It is my hope that by providing these instruments to those kids who otherwise could not afford them, that they will be able to develop their interest in astronomy, and science in general.

Last year I gave four telescopes away, and while Coke is no longer offering the telescopes, they still are offering binoculars from Celestron. So far I have collected enough Coke Rewards point for three pair of binoculars, and with your help I would like to give away a lot more.

If you drink any Coca Cola product that offers the rewards points would you please consider donating them to my Colas for the Cosmos project. I am referring to the numbers that are either on Coke bottle caps, front panels of 12 or 24 packs, and the bottom of the plastic wrap for 32 count cases.

If you want to donate Coke Rewards points to the Colas for the Cosmos project then please contact me either via this blog, or send me an email by clicking here.

If you want you can start your own Colas for the Cosmos project and enter the points yourself, and maybe we could coordinate our efforts. Again feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and keep an eye on this blog for future news about the project, as well as other astronomy news.

Cheers ~ Jim Cox
PS: Please do not send me Rewards points that have already been redeemed. It can cause a lot of problems.

No comments: