Are We Alone - Pave New Worlds
The extra-solar planet count is more than 400 and rising. Before long we may find an Earth-like planet around another star. If we do, and can visit, what next? Stake out our claim on an alien world or tread lightly and preserve it?
We’ll look at what our record on Earth says about our planet stewardship. Also, whether a massive technological fix can get us out of our climate mess. Plus, what we can learn about extreme climate from our neighbors in the solar system, Venus and Mars.
- Ken Caldeira – Climate scientist from the Carnegie Institution’s Department of Global Ecology at Stanford University
- Keith Cowing – Biologist, and editor of NASAwatch.com
- Kathryn Denning – Anthropologist at York University in Canada
- Gary Davis – Director of the Joint Astronomy Center in Hilo, Hawaii
- David Grinspoon – Curator of the Denver Museum of Science and Nature
You can listen to this and other episodes at http://radio.seti.org/, and be sure to check out Are We A Blog?, the companion blog to the radio show.