Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Planetary Society: Voyager Mission Status Bulletins

A friend of mine recently brought to my attention the article and URL referenced below regarding the Voyager Mission Status Bulletins, and I thought I should share it with the readers of this blog.

I have since The Planetary Society to the links and blogs listings on the sidebar (I could swear I added them a long time ago)

I hope you enjoy the article. Cheers ~ Jim


Here is a quote from the article at: http://www.planetary.org/explore/topics/voyager/msb.html

"From 1977 to 1990, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory kept scientists and space enthusiasts informed about the status of the twin Voyager spacecraft through an intermittently printed newsletter that ran to 99 issues. Space fan (and pack rat!) Tom Faber kept his collection and, in 2010, scanned them and sent them to the Planetary Society. We are delighted to host these important historical documents here, and thank Mr. Faber for his patience in scanning them."

More information can be found on the The Planetary Society's blog:
The Voyager Mission Updates

No comments: