Are We Alone - Gone Missing!
We all hear about research discoveries, but what about what scientists don’t find? Tune in for a round-up of eureka moments that have yet to come, such as the hunt for the dark energy of the universe and the search for the elusive elementary particle responsible for the mass of objects.
Also, we miss the woolly mammoth so much, scientists plan to clone the hairy beast and bring the extinct animal back.
Plus, why the missing link is no longer missing, what extrasolar planets have now been found, and – NASA money for science: where’d it go?
- Alan Stern – Aerospace consultant and planetary scientist
- Natalie Batalha – Deputy Science Team Lead for NASA’s Kepler Mission
- Leslea Hlusko – Biologist at the University of California, Berkeley
- Ian Sample – Science writer, author of Massive: The Missing Particle That Sparked the Greatest Hunt in Science
- Saul Perlmutter – Physicist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Darin Croft – Professor of Anatomy, Case Western Reserve, Cleveland
You can listen to this and other episodes at http://radio.seti.org/, and be sure to check out Are We A Blog?, the companion blog to the radio show.