Big Picture Science - Skeptic Check, Beast Of
Zombies, aliens, Bigfoot, oh my!! We’ve covered – or rather uncovered – them all and more on Skeptic Check, our monthly look of critical thinking. And now we’ve collected enough strange encounters to assemble a sordid retrospective of sorts.
Sharpen your brain, it’s Skeptic Check, Beast Of. But don’t take our word for it!
- Phil Plait – Skeptic and keeper of Discover Magazine’s blog, badastronomy.com
- Bruce Hood – Cognitive scientist at the University of Bristol in the U.K. and author of The Science of Superstition: How the Developing Brain Creates Supernatural Beliefs
- Susan Jacoby – Author of The Age of American Unreason
- Steve Silberman – Contributing editor, Wired Magazine, author of “The Placebo Problem” in the September 2009 issue
- Mary Pope-Handy – Estate Agent, Silicon Valley and keeper of the website hauntedrealestate.com
- Jim Underdown – Executive Director, Center for Inquiry, West – Los Angeles
- Paul Offit – Pediatrician, Chief of Infectious Diseases at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, and author of Autism’s False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure
- Stephen Schneider – Climate scientist, Stanford University
- Brendan Riley – Assistant professor of English, Columbia College, Chicago
You can listen to this and other episodes at http://radio.seti.org/, and be sure to check out Are We A Blog?, the companion blog to the radio show.