Big Picture Science - Seth's Wine Cellar
There are always surprises when we sort through Seth’s wine cellar – who knows what we’ll find!
In this cramped cavern, tucked between boxes of old fuses and a priceless bottle of 1961 Chateau Palmer Margaux, we discover the next generation of atomic clock … the key to how solar storms disrupt your cell phone … nano-gold particles that could make gasoline obsolete … and what NASA’s Kepler spacecraft has learned about how our solar system stacks up to others.
Tune in, find out and, help us lift these boxes, will you?
- Chris Sorensen – Physicist, Kansas State University
- Anne Curtis – Senior research scientist, National Physical Laboratory, U.K.
- Jonathan Eisen – Evolutionary biologist, University of California, Davis
- Karel Schrijver – Solar physicist, Lockheed Martin, Advanced Technology Center
- Jonathan Fortney – Astronomer, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Sanjoy Som – Astrobiologist, NASA Ames Research Center
You can listen to this and other episodes at http://radio.seti.org/, and be sure to check out Blog Picture Science, the companion blog to the radio show.